A one-day course.
9:30 – 3:30
To provide an insight into the world of autism; develop an understanding of why people with autism may behave in a certain way and gain a greater understanding of how to support them more effectively.
Reduce unwanted behaviours by: identifying the underlying causes, pre-empting problematic situations, using appropriate tried and trusted, evidence-based strategies and interventions which are supportive and capable of meeting individual’s needs, without the individual having to resort to unwanted and challenging behaviours.
- Separating the Myths from the Facts
- Identifying the three main areas of difficulty, (Triad of Impairments)
- Understanding how people with autism interpret the world around them
- Recognising the importance of effective communication
- Gaining an overview of different communication systems
- Recognising the triggers for behaviours that challenge
- Creating a ‘tool bag’ of practical strategies and interventions to support individuals with autism.
- Managing behaviours that challenge
Delegates will receive a Certificate of Completion.