To provide an overview of PBS, the underpinning values, theory and process. This course covers the minimal knowledge that everyone should have in any organisation. We explore pro-active strategies to increase positive behaviour and reduce behaviours that challenge.
- Gaining an understanding of the key concepts of (PBS) and how these relate to practice
- Recognise how individuals with intellectual disabilities can be vulnerable to behaviours of concern
- Identifying the functions of behaviour
- Investigate factors that may impact on an individuals physical and mental wellbeing
- Explore effective, augmentative communication methods
- Establish how to create and maintain supportive and capable environments