A one-day course.
To provide an overview of PBS, the underpinning values, theory and process. This course is relevent to those who support individuals with LEARNING DISABILITIES of any kind, not just autism. It covers the minimal knowledge that everyone should have in any organisation. We explore pro-active strategies to increase positive behaviour and reduce behaviours that challenge.
- Gaining an understanding of the key concepts of (PBS) and how these relate to practice
- Recognise how individuals with intellectual disabilities can be vulnerable to behaviours of concern
- Identifying the functions of behaviour
- Investigate factors that may impact on an individuals physical and mental wellbeing
- Explore effective, augmentative communication methods
- Establish how to create and maintain supportive and capable environments