Aimed at individuals who have already completed the awareness training or those with some prior, basic knowledge of autism. It is designed for those who have contact with people with autism and would benefit from a greater understanding of the disorder. This course gives delegates an introduction to managing challenging behaviours.
Area’s covered in the autism training:
- What is autism? Theoretical contributions
- The different ways people with autism think, learn and experience the world
- The Triad of Impairments
- Sensory sensitivities
- Different communication needs of people with autism
- How to support the development of social interaction and communication
- Supporting individuals through transitions
- Building confidence, in you and in the person with autism
- An introduction to behaviour management
- Strengths of the autistic brain
The Government has committed to the Think Autism strategy (2014). Key proposals from the strategy include raising awareness and understanding of autism and improved training of frontline professionals. The services I offer support this strategy. The Government has stated that children who have autism should be able to live within a society that accepts and understands them.
Delegates will receive a Certificate of Attendance
|“Introduction to Autism” Training Full Day||£500|
Price exclusive of travel and accommodation costs if applicable.
Evening and Weekend sessions also available alongside bespoke sessions
Minimum 5 delegates per session, maximum 15 delegates per session