A full-day course.
To offer a deeper understanding of autism, the frameworks and practical applications of putting theory into practice. We look at therapeutic interventions and how delegates can implement them to improve the physical and mental health of individuals with autism.
- To show an understanding of the current main theories relating to autism, including:
♦ Theory of Mind ♦ The Extreme Male Brain Theory ♦ Mindblindness ♦ Executive Functioning ♦ Weak Central Coherence♦
- Support for individuals using the SPELL framework
- Recognition of the impact of stress and anxiety on behaviour
- To provide opportunities for delegates to reflect upon their own practice
- Explore current practices and adapting support to increase the effectiveness
- Sharing delegate knowledge more widely across organisations
- Exploring the added risks relating to safeguarding individuals with autism
- Gain an overview of the Autism Act and how it relates to practice
- Exploring the added risks relating to autism and safeguarding
Delegates will receive a Certificate of Attendance