A one-day course.
Develop an insight into the world of autism. Learn about the triad of impairements – which forms part of the diagnotic criteria for autism – similarities and differences between those with autism.
Identify current theries regarding autism. Why people with autism may behave in a certain way and how we can improve our communication and how we interact with individuals with autism to promote positive relationships and behaviours.
Improve understanding of the eight sensory systems and recognise the relationship between sensory dysfunction and behaviour. Learn how to support those affected by sensory dysfunctions to improve functional performance and participation.
- seperating the myths and facts about autism
- identifying the triad of impairements and how these areas impact upon social – imagination, interaction and communication
- recognising the triggers for behaviours that challenge and the importance of planning ahead to prevent these
- strategies, interventions and tools to manage behaviours appropriately
- identify the eight sensory systems
- recognise how sensory dysfunctions can impact upon individuals
- gain ideas and knowledge of ways tp pre-empt difficulties and to support positive behaviour
Delegates will receive a Certificate of Attendance